Stuffed zucchini two ways! Zucchini and pasture-raised meats make a delicious combination. Here we offer two options. For those inclined to a beefy perhaps milder experience, try it with our ground beef. For those who want to spice it up a bit, try it with our pork chorizo sausage. Or, double the recipe and make it with a combination of both! This recipe is super adaptable. Try hollowed out potatoes (pre-cooked), sweet potatoes (pre-cooked), or bell peppers for a twist. And, if making it with ground beef, you can use Italian seasonings, pasta sauce, and mozzarella cheese as substitutes. As with any recipe, do not hesitate to switch out similar ingredients and create your own new favorite. Whichever way your pallet inclines, this recipe is sure to please your guests with its fun presentation.
- 1 package Firsthand Foods Ground Beef or Chorizo
- 4 medium sized zucchini
- 1 small onion – diced
- ½ cup diced red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves – minced
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 375° F
- Slice each zucchini in half lengthwise. Using a grapefruit spoon, scoop out the seeds and make a trough for the filling. Set aside.
- Place a skillet over medium-high heat and add 1 tbs. olive oil. Add the chorizo and cook until browned. Drain and set aside.
- Add 1 tbs. olive oil to the same skillet and sauté the onion and red pepper in the olive oil for about 5 minutes or until translucent and soft. Add the garlic and smoked paprika. Sauté for 1 minute.
- Turn the temperature down to medium and add the chorizo and diced tomatoes. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Fill each zucchini halve with the chorizo mixture. Place on a cookie sheet.
- Top each zucchini with Monterey Jack cheese and bake for 30-35 minutes or until zucchini is fork tender.