Meat to Market Manager – Interested in Working for Firsthand Foods? We’re hiring!
About Us – Based in Durham, North Carolina, Firsthand Foods is a women-owned, mission driven company that helps local, pasture-based livestock producers get their meats to market. Our team shares a set of core values, including mutual respect, problem-solving, transparency, and doing our part to build more sustainable and equitable supply chain relationships. We operate within a dynamic team environment that requires high levels of communication, adaptability, strategic thinking and a sense of humor.
Position Description: The Meat to Market Manager is responsible for managing and maintaining wholesale customer accounts. This hire will exhibit professional customer service at all times, building positive relationships with customers so they feel taken care of and value their connection to our company. You will focus on helping to grow sales, especially of products that we need to move in order to sell in balance and follow through on our commitments to our livestock producers. You will use company tools and databases to plan the production of meat cuts and key products to ensure maintenance of inventory levels. You will support the Sales Manager, work closely with the Operations Manager, and strive to continuously improve the effectiveness of company processes.
- Execute all aspects of the account management process, including customer on-boarding, order-taking, cross-selling, and retention.
- Communicate with customers on a weekly basis, primarily via text and email and utilize strong communication skills to navigate customer complaints and trouble-shoot problems.
- Solicit, understand and document customer needs and preferences, and be responsive to customer feedback on the quality of our products and operations.
- Maintain comprehensive and detailed records of sales activities and resources for easy reference and to track progress and impacts, including regular use of Hubspot and Quickbooks.
- Anticipate customer needs and plan production schedules for key cuts and specialty products, including weekly sausage and lamb bundle orders.
- Learn and effectively utilize company inventory software (Vista-Trac) and spreadsheet-based production planning tools.
- Plan and coordinate weekly promotions, annual holiday orders and quarterly direct-to-consumer warehouse sales events.
- Participate in weekly leadership team meetings and communicate routinely and easily with the Office Manager, Sales Manager, and Operations Manager to assist with development of processor cut sheets, solve problems and make process improvements.
- Create sales strategy and content for weekly wholesale and retail newsletters.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of our mission, product attributes and claims, meat cuts, and fabrication techniques and be able to effectively articulate these with customers.
Characteristics & Traits:
High Initiative, Adaptive, Detailed, Confident, Organized, Diligent, Service Oriented, Good Natured, Hard Working, Team-Player
Successful Candidates Must Have:
Minimum 3 Years Experience, including 1 year customer service experience
Strong Computer Literacy, including familiarity with Excel
Strong Social Skills, including excellent written & verbal communication
Desirable (but Not Required):
Food and/or meat industry experience
Reports to: Jennifer Curtis, Co-CEO & Director of Sales & Marketing. This is a full-time position. Salary commensurate with experience.
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 30th, 2021. Or apply through Indeed or Good Food Jobs.