Interested in joining a Durham-based, women-owned mission-driven food company? We’re hiring an Operations Assistant to join our dynamic team and help respond to the growth in demand for local, pasture-raised meats. You can read a little bit about us here. If you’re organized, detail-oriented and enjoy a physically-oriented job, this could be the fit for you! Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 15th. Here’s the full position description:
The Operations Assistant is expected to:
- Receive product inventory and pack customer orders under the guidance of the Operations Manager.
- Develop order tickets within company inventory management software system.
- Develop and maintain familiarity with customer orders and preferences.
- Carefully unload meat products into designated storage areas observing FIFO systems at all times, including loading boxes onto pallets and using a pallet jack to transport product within the warehouse.
- Maintain organization of freezer inventory in a way that facilitates FIFO.
- Efficiently deliver selected Triangle and Triad-based orders in company vehicle.
- Ensure food safety and temperature control procedures are practiced at all times.
- Assist with maintaining accurate records of temperatures and delivery conditions as required by our food safety and cold-chain supply management protocols.
- Maintain clean and organized warehouse spaces and company vehicles.
- Participate in staff meetings and trainings, as needed.
- Be a courteous, kind representative of Firsthand Foods who prioritizes customer service, and
- Perform all other duties assigned by the company from time to time.
Minimum Qualifications: Must speak English, have a valid driver’s license, a good driving record, and 3 years of related work-experience. Must be comfortable using a computer. Must be able to routinely work in cool temperatures (35F) and consistently lift 50-lb boxes off the ground and overhead. Must be able to walk, stand, bend, twist and perform a variety of other physical functions for prolonged periods of time. Must be able to walk and stand on concrete floors for prolonged periods of time. Previous warehouse experience preferred but not required.
Ideal Candidate: Is someone who enjoys working in a warehouse setting and is comfortable standing and moving for much of the day. They have good communication skills, ask questions, listen and retain information easily. They naturally focus on details and are responsible and timely. They have a strong work ethic and a sense of humor.
- The Operations Assistant reports directly to Firsthand Foods’ Operations Manager.
- This is a full-time position and almost all duties are to be performed during regular business hours, with only occasional evening hours.
- Firsthand Foods is a Durham Living Wage certified employer.
- This position is paid hourly with the opportunity to later transition to salary.
- Anticipated start-date is Wednesday, July 1st, 2020.