After careful consideration, we have a bittersweet announcement. We have decided not to offer our (M)Eat Local Box this Spring. We apologize to those of you who were looking forward to signing up again. But rest assured that we are striving to make sure that you can still access our delicious pasture-raised meats, even the cuts you’ve come to know and love that aren’t readily available through our retail partners.
Why have we made this decision? Interest in our (M)eat Local Box and customer loyalty has waned over the years, and we are recognizing the need to refresh and restructure the program. We plan to take this hiatus as a time to explore new ideas and avenues to get pasture-raised meat to our community.
As a (M)eat Local Box customer, your feedback would be greatly appreciated as we consider how to better serve you. Are there ways the program could be better structured to meet your needs? Have you tried another service that you like better? Please take a moment to fill out this short survey. Everyone who completes the survey by March 27th will be entered into a drawing for a free Sausage Sampler Pack, which includes one pack each of our entire line of sausages!
Stay tuned to our newsletter and social media to learn about the many ways you can keep enjoying Firsthand Foods’ products, like the upcoming Flash Sale in April! In the mean time, we hope you’ll find one of the ways of sourcing our meats below a good fit for your household.
Thanks as always for your support of our mission and love of our products. We look forward to serving you again soon!
Where to buy Firsthand Foods meats:
- Online Spring FLASH SALE: early April – Place your a la carte order online, and pick up at our warehouse. Follow us on Instagram and Facebook for details!
- Freezer Sale: June (date TBD) – take advantage of wholesale pricing to stock your freezer
- Local Grocery stores:
- Durham Co-op Market stocks the greatest selection of our products, and is usually able to accommodate special orders on items they don’t typically stock
- Kings Red & White Market and Bulldega in Durham both carry a limited selection of mostly sausages and steaks
- Weaver Street Markets in Chapel Hill, Carrboro, Hillsborough, and Raleigh carry our sausages and fresh lamb
- Greensboro – Deep Roots Market and Bestway Grocery both stock an array of our products
- Home Delivery services: