Interested in joining a Durham-based, women-owned mission-driven food company? We’re hiring a Sales Manager to join our dynamic team and help drive sales of local, pasture-raised meats to restaurants throughout the Triangle region. Food service experience and knowledge is a must as is exceptional communication and organizational skills. See below for a complete position description. Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by March 10th.
The Sales Manager will be expected to:
- Strategically grow our restaurant and food service channel revenues and customer base here in the Triangle region.
- Meet annual revenue goals and sales targets set by the Company through a combination of bringing on new restaurant and food service customers, increasing sales with existing customers in those channels, and optimizing customer retention.
- Understand and help solve whole animal utilization challenges through targeted sales efforts.
- Maintain comprehensive and detailed records of sales activities for easy reference, and to track progress and impacts.
- Exhibit exceptional and professional customer service at all times, building positive relationships with customers so they feel taken care of and value their connection to Firsthand Foods and our mission.
- Solicit, document and be responsive to customer feedback on the quality of our products and operations.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of our mission, product attributes and claims, meat cuts, and fabrication techniques and be able to effectively articulate these with customers.
- Collaborate and communicate with our Operations team as necessary to stay in touch with available inventory, weekly customer orders and issues, and cut sheet needs and considerations.
- Demonstrate a consistent and enthusiastic ability to work as part of a team.
- Initiate and conduct promotional and community engagement activities with restaurant and food service partners, including farm dinners with chefs and participation in various food festivals. Many of these events are likely to occur outside of regular business hours.
- Use company vehicles at all times when conducting sales activities.
and for performing all other duties assigned by the Company from time to time.
The Sales Manager will report directly to Firsthand Foods’ Co-CEO, Tina Prevatte Levy. This is a full-time position. Salary commensurate with experience and performance.