Written by Stacey Sprenz,
- 1 lb. Firsthand Foods chorizo
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled & minced
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 2 packages (8 oz.) Mexican queso (for melting such as Chihuahua)
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Cilantro leaves
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Cook chorizo in a skillet over medium heat until brown and crumbly. Drain and set aside.
- Return the skillet to medium heat. Add onions and sauté for about 5-7 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and sauté for 2 more minutes.
- Grease an 8” cast iron skillet with the olive oil. Add ½ of the cheese and top with the chorizo/onion mixture. Add remaining cheese and then top with the rest of the chorizo/onion mixture.
- Place the cast iron skillet in the oven on the middle rack. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbling on the sides.
- Serve with flour tortillas or corn chips