Firsthand Foods is hiring a full-time Operations Assistant! Join our hard-working, fun-loving team and discover the satisfaction of working for a local, women-owned business in the heart of the Triangle’s thriving food scene. To apply, please send a cover letter AND resume to email@example.com by February 28th.
Position Description – Operations Assistant
The Operations Assistant is expected to:
- Take product inventory and pack customer orders under the guidance of the Operations Manager.
- Develop order pick tickets within Quickbooks and utilize corresponding order numbers within VistaTrac for order fulfillment.
- Develop and maintain familiarity with customer orders and preferences.
- Carefully unload meat products into designated storage areas observing FIFO systems at all times, including loading boxes onto pallets and using a pallet jack to transport product within the warehouse.
- Maintain organization of freezer inventory in a way that facilitates FIFO.
- Deliver selected Triangle and Triad-based orders in company vehicle.
- Ensure food safety and temperature control procedures are practiced at all times.
- Assist with maintaining accurate records of temperatures and delivery conditions as required by our food safety and cold-chain supply management protocols.
- Maintain clean and organized warehouse spaces and company vehicles.
- Participate in staff meetings and trainings, as needed.
- Understand policies & practices that are relevant to our mission and be able to articulate these to the general public as part of consumer education and outreach to connect local, pasture-based livestock producers with local markets, and
- Perform all other duties assigned by the company from time to time.
Essential Job Functions:
This position requires routinely working in cold temperatures and lifting 50 lb boxes off the ground and overhead.
- The Operations Assistant reports directly to Firsthand Foods’ Operations Manager.
- This is a full-time position and almost all duties are to be performed during regular business hours, with only occasional evening hours.
- Firsthand Foods is a Durham Living Wage certified employer.
- This position is paid hourly with the opportunity to later transition to salary.
- Anticipated start-date is Monday, March 23rd, 2020.