Interested in joining a Durham-based, women-owned mission-driven food company?
We’re hiring an Office Manager to support our dynamic team and manage our daily office operations.
Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills are a must, as are experience with QuickBooks and providing customer service.
See below for a complete position description. Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by Friday, June 8th 2018.
- Support our whole team by developing and maintaining systems to support positive communication between team members and smooth daily office operations, including:
- Performing reception duties by politely welcoming and serving customers who visit Firsthand Foods’ warehouse, and responding to email and phone inquiries
- Assisting with critical filing, record-keeping, and data entry tasks, including inventory management and reporting, and maintaining up to date customer and farmer records in Highrise and QuickBooks
- Coordinating IT support and maintaining organized systems for electronic file sharing
- Generating sales, inventory, and financial reports through QuickBooks and VistaTrac
- Maintaining stock of office and warehouse supplies
- Picking up mail from the post office, coordinating mailings, and running other errands
- Helping to maintain cleanliness and organization of the office
- Manage bookkeeping through organizing, recording, and reporting on daily financial transactions, including:
- Processing customer payments
- Recording expenses
- Managing accounts receivable, including tracking overdue invoices and communicating with customers about due dates and plans for payment, with the goal of keeping all customers within their payment terms
- Managing Accounts Payable, including payments to farmers and processing partners
- Making bank deposits
- Provide Accounts Management in collaboration with our Sales Manager, including:
- Onboarding new customers
- Updating price sheets
- Setting up new items in bookkeeping and inventory management systems
- Resolving complaints and billing questions
- Provide marketing assistance, including:
- Creating and sending customer newsletters via MailChimp
- Assisting with social media
- Maintaining inventory and coordinating production of printed collateral including labels and recipe cards
- Coordinate logistics and customer communications for our direct-to-consumer (M)eat Local Box Program.
- Plan and coordinate selected special events, including producer and customer outreach events.
- Understand policies & practices that are relevant to our mission and be able to articulate these to the general public as part of our consumer education and outreach campaign to connect local, pasture-based livestock producers with local markets.
and for performing all other duties assigned by the company from time to time.
The Office Manager reports directly to Firsthand Foods’ Co-CEO Tina Prevatte Levy. This is a full-time position, requiring set day-time hours Monday through Friday.