Are you interested in…
Then consider applying for our full-time Operations Assistant position. Deadline for submissions is May 5th. Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
*Please note that this position requires routinely working in cold temperatures and lifting 50 lb boxes overhead!
The Local Meat Operations Assistant is expected to:
• Carefully unload meat products into designated storage areas, including lifting 50 lbs, loading boxes onto pallets, and using a pallet jack to transport product within the warehouse.
• Ensure food safety and temperature control procedures are practiced at all times.
• Take product inventory and pack customer orders under the guidance of the Operations Manager.
• Develop and maintain familiarity with customer orders and preferences.
• Deliver selected Triangle-based orders in company vehicle.
• Assist with maintaining accurate records of temperatures and delivery conditions as required by our food safety and cold-chain supply management protocols.
• Maintain a clean and organized inventory warehouse space.
• Participate in staff meetings and trainings, as needed.
• Understand policies & practices that are relevant to our mission and be able to articulate these to the general public as part of consumer education and outreach to connect local, pasture-based livestock producers with local markets.The Local Meat Operations Assistant reports directly to Firsthand Foods’ Co-CEO Jennifer Curtis.